Nora’s [Fill in the Blank] Radio Show! 9/16/09

First of all I would like to point I’ve unwittingly started a trend, which I’m totally cool with. However, I accidentally threw out my talking points and deleted the links to all the articles I mentioned during my show. Now this doesn’t mean I don’t remember what I talked about. I remember. It’s more that, until I get some more free time (which, by the way, is the reason why this is being written 2 days after my show was aired), no talking points without links (so no talking points). To make up for that I’m going to try and link all of the songs I played to videos on YouTube. I can’t promise that every song will be on YouTube :cough:And Your Bird Can Sing:cough:, but I’ll do my darndest to find one! So onwards and upwards!

Playlist

1. Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) – Beyonce
  2. Picture Book – The Kinks
  3. Let Me Go – Cake
  4. Not Fair – Lily Allen
  5. Crash the Party – OK Go
  6. Another Sunny Day – Belle & Sebastian
  7. And Your Bird Can Sing – The Beatles
  8. Uprising – Muse
  9. Sweet Dreams – Eurythmics
  10. Cornerstone – Arctic Monkeys
  11. The Universal – Blur
  12. Mirrorball – Elbow*
  13. Like It Too Much – Kaiser Chiefs
  14. Pumpkin Soup – Kate Nash
  15. We Were Aborted – The Cribs
  16. Viva La Vida – Coldplay**
  17. Pretend That You’re Alone – Keane
  18. The Golden Age – The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
  19. Twilight Omens – Franz Ferdinand
  20. Antmusic – Adam and the Ants
  21. Creepin Up the Back Stairs – The Fratellis
  22. Heads Will Roll – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
  23. Love and Let Love – Gossip
  24. Just Can’t Get Enough – Depeche Mode***
  25. It’s All Too Much – The Beatles****

Releases

• Muse – The Resistance
  • Nelly Furtado – Mi Plan
  • Kid Cudi – Man on the Moon:The End of Day
  • Manic Street Preachers – Journal for Plague Lovers
  • Mark Knopfler – Get Lucky

Well that it’s for this week. Come back next week for crazy British stuff and hopefully this time I’ll remember to not throw out my talking points.

*This was recorded at Abbey Road Studios, with a live orchestra and choir. Hence why I linked it.
**From here until the Yeah Yeah Yeahs, the songs are out of order. The original order was suppose to be “Twilight Omens”, “Antmusic”, “Creepin Up the Backstairs”, “Viva La Vida”, “Pretend That You’re Alone”, and finally “The Golden Age.” This is what happens when I don’t have my Zune.
***If you click the link and start watching the video, you’ll very quickly realize that this isn’t Depeche Mode. The Saturdays (the band peforming) are a pre-fab girl group from the UK are made up of the remains of a TV kid band, S-Club. One of the member’s was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks which is why I know any of this.
****This is taken from the original Yellow Submarine movie. It’s suppose to be this trippy, trust me.

About imnore

Anglophile, reader extraordinaire, spelling disaster, audiophile, Doctor Who fangirl, amazingly independent, lazy shit, highly distractable (ooh butterfly!), enemy to almost anyone who isn't madly in love with the British indie scene, hater of the Gallaghers and Pete Doherty, all around nut.