So this week’s show started with a huge, life-altering announcement: I’m studying abroad in London next semester. Other topics discussed included the release date of the Asteroids Galaxy Tour’s debut album (October 26th), Alex James, and cheese. Everything else is listed below in some fashion.
- Victoria – The Kinks
- Tigerlily – La Roux
- Touches You – Mika*
- The Golden Age – The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
- Never Forget You – The Noisettes
- Fuck You – Lily Allen**
- Charmless Man – Blur
- California Waiting – Kings of Leon
- Tropical Iceland – Fiery Furnaces
- Secret Door – Arctic Monkeys
- Brazil – The Spinto Band***
- Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps – Cake
- Kiss With a Fist – Florence + the Machine
- Wings of a Dove – Madness
- Save It For Later – The Beat
- No You Girls – Franz Ferdinand
- Ignore the Ignorant – The Cribs
- Goody Two Shoes – Adam Ant
- You Want History – Kaiser Chiefs****
- Take the Long Way Home – Supertramp
- Lady Gaga relaunches her North American tour but forgets DC. Of course.
- On the other hand the Arctic Monkeys announce more North American tour dates and remember DC. But it’s during exams. I just can’t win.
- Some very lucky Mancunians got to see Alex Kapranos and Nick McCarthy of Franz Ferdinand play an acoustic set this past Saturday. I, per usual, took Alex’s Twitter update literally and thought he was at an actual tea party.
- Kings Of Leon career-spanning exhibition to open in London. I’m confused as to how they earned this, but whateves.
- Amy Winehouse hasn’t taken drugs in a year. According to her Dad. Very reliable, I’m sure.
- The Madness re-release their debut album, One Step Beyond. Unlike with other re-releases, this one’s old, so it’s cool.
- Florence + The Machine – Lungs
- Flight of the Conchords – I Told You I Was Freaky
- Sufjan Stevens – The BQE
- Electric Six – Kill
And that is it until next week. In the mean time, listen to some good music and don’t panic.
*Here’s some insider information for you lot. I’m going to be playing at least one track from Mika’s The Boy Who Knew Too Much every week until the end of the semester. Slowly but surely you will a learn to love Mika. Mwhahahahahaha
**About mid-way through this song I found out my GM (general manager, person who owns me) was listening. And I wasn’t playing the clean version of the song. Not a good idea.
***My sister recommended two of the tracks for this week’s show, the other being Florence + the Machine’s “Kiss with a Fist.”
****I will always love this video because towards the end there’s a great shot of Mark Ronson sitting on the drum platform with a Leeds United scarf playing the tambourine. Makes me laugh every time.