This is the last show my friends. The last blog entry that goes on for a ridiculous amount of space. The last time you’ll ever have to hear Mika (until next fall). For you’re enjoyment, here are the details from Wednesday’s show.
- We Are Golden – Mika*
- I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked – Ida Maria
- Emasculate Me – The Cribs
- Grounds for Divorce – Elbow
- Twilight Omens – Franz Ferdinand
- Love and Let Love – Gossip
- Like It Too Much – Kaiser Chiefs
- Perfect Symmetry – Keane
- Vienna – Ultravox**
- Pick Up Off the Floor – Mika
- New York, I Love You But You’re Bringing Me Down – LCD Soundsystem***
- Ladies and Gentleman (Roll the Dice) – Kasabian
- Secret Door – Arctic Monkeys
- Tigerlilly – La Roux
- Never Gonna Happen – Lily Allen
- Animal – Miike Snow
- Game Over – VV Brown
- Don’t Upset the Rhythm (Go Baby Go) – The Noisettes
- Lollipop – Mika****
- Zero – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- The Golden Age – The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
- New Town – Little Boots
- You Want History – Kaiser Chiefs
- Can’t Stop Feeling – Franz Ferdinand
- Let’s Dance to Joy Division – The Wombats
- Merry Happy – Kate Nash
- Goodbye Stranger – Supertramp*****
- Lady Gaga to play for the Queen. I want you to watch this video and then just think. Lady Gaga performing for the Queen. That’s all
- U2 are set to headline next year’s Glastonbury festival. Wonder what the Gallagher’s will have to say about that.
- Spoon bump the release date of their next album. Not to worry though, it’s squarely in 2010, so if you’re making a best of 2009 list it won’t have to be rearranged.
- “Crazy In Love” declared the best track of the ’00s according to people who work for NME and all it’s subsidiaries. I’m less annoyed with this list because they included one track by Franz Ferdinand. But I’m only slightly less annoyed as compared to their best albums list.
- The top 40 according to NME Radio. That’s it.
- Lily Allen confirms that’s she won’t be singing for up to 2 years. She also confirms that you can make fun of her with impunity, at least online.
- Christopher Eccelston (aka the 9th Doctor) is set to play John Lennon. Who cares that Eccelston doesn’t look anything like John Lennon. It’s the Doctor as John Lennon! I’m still excited.
- Mr. Hudson – Straight, No Chaser******
- The Bravery – Stir the Blood
Well that’s it kiddies. I’ll be back in the fall with stories and British music up the wazoo. I’ll make my exit now before I go all sappy. Until the fall, listen to good music and don’t panic.
*If you click on each of the provided links, you’ll be watching videos for the first three tracks of Mika’s album The Boy Who Knew Too Much. Which I think should be everyone’s goal in life.
**With spiders!!! That will never fail to amuse me.
***Yes, that’s Kermit mouthing along to the song. And yes, that’s the entire reason I linked to it. Kermit is awesome.
****Same thing as with “We Are Golden” but out of order and the first four tracks except for the third cut because a) no video and b) don’t like the song at all. So yeah, exact same thing.
*****I ran over on my show and had to cut this song short. I’ve provided this link so you can listen to the whole song, which you should do because it’s a great song.
******Mr. Hudson is the one sitting. Or you could say Mr. Hudson is the one with bleach blonde hair. Either works, he’s still Mr. Hudson.