This week’s show was made in the face of much opposition. This week’s show was created out my sweat and tears as the last thread of my sanity went down the proverbial drain. This week’s show happened in spite of the fact that no one did a thing to speak of. This week’s show was created because I care about all of you. This week I’ll give you both the talking points and videos. Don’t expect that kind of respect next week. So now for the dets.
Playlist [There were two minor revisions from the original playlist, but no worries, I wrote everything down this week]
- Morning Light – Ida Maria
- Ignore the Ignorant – The Cribs
- Bad Reputation – Joan Jett
- Rudie Can’t Fail – The Clash
- Right Where They Left – The White Rabbits
- Can’t Stop Feeling – Franz Ferdinand
- Just – Mark Ronson
- When The Cows Come Home – Blur
- French Navy – Camera Obscura
- London – The Rumble Strips
- Mouthwash – Kate Nash
- Waiting – Cake
- Good Days Bad Days – Kaiser Chiefs
- F*** You – Lily Allen [This is the explicit version, so be warned]
- Seattle – The BPA
- Young Love – Mystery Jets
- Burial – Miike Snow
- Fire – Kasabian
- Grounds for Divorce – Elbow*
- Wait For Me – The Pigeon Detectives
- Low Rising – The Swell Season
- On the other side – The Strokes
- Blue Skies – Noah and the Whale
- Can’t Say What I Mean – Kaiser Chiefs**
- Golden Years – David Bowie***
- We Are Golden – Mika
- Ulysses – Franz Ferdinand
The Talking Points
- Zooey Deschanel and Ben Gibbard tie the knot
- Many bands and artists, including Thom Yorke, sell their souls to the Twilight franchise
- OK Go, go on tour in the UK this January
- Canada awards its version of the Mercury Prize to punk rock sextet F-ed Up
- Ted Leo signs to Matador Records and everyone hopes he’s not actually a black widow in human form
- I expounded on the illegal download policy situation in the UK. Here’s the end result (4 paragraphs in). Further updates will be given if I don’t get to tired of reporting on it.
- Mum – Sing Along to Songs You Don’t Know
- Rufus Wainwright – Milwaukee at Last!!! [Deluxe Edition]
- Baseman Jaxx – Scars
- Monsters of Folk – Monsters of Folk
Well that’s it for this week. Next week is up in the air, though there will defininatly be music, I can promise you that. Until then, don’t panic.
*As with last week I’m featuring Elbow backed by a full orchestra. The first link is to the official video, the second to the Abbey Road session. What can I say, I’m a sucker for orchestration.
**This is me, dragging you into my sad obsession. I apologize.
***Whenever I hear this song, I think of the big dance scene from A Knight’s Tale. So in choosing a video link, guess what I went with. The big dance scene from A Knight’s Tale.