We’re back from fall break and the weather has decided it’s actually winter. Here are the basic details from the show, I’ve got a lot of foot notes this time, so quickly, onto the songs and stuff!
- Blame It On the Girls – Mika
- Disco 2000 – Pulp
- I Like You So Much Better When You’re Naked – Ida Maria
- Emasculate Me – The Cribs
- Can’t Stop Feeling – Franz Ferdinand
- Once in a Lifetime – Talking Heads*
- Like It Too Much – Kaiser Chiefs**
- The Fix – Elbow
- Bleeding Love – The Wombats***
- Song Away – Hockey****
- Pretend That You’re Alone – Keane
- Heart of Glass – Blondie
- Bulletproof – La Roux
- New In Town – Little Boots
- Push the Envelope – The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
- Lover Boy – Mika*****
- Whistle for the Choir – The Fratellis
- I Could Say – Lily Allen
- Cornerstone – Arctic Monkeys
- Star Star – The Frames
- Thick as Thieves – Kasabian
- London – The Rumble Strips
- French Navy – Camera Obscura
- All My Friends – LCD Soundsystem******
- James Murphy of LCD Soundsystem announces a potential release month for new album. Nora decides against holding her breath until it comes out.
- Elbow announce re-issue of their first album with loads of fun extras including home videos and live tracks.
- Kanye’s spiral into obscurity and insania continues with the cancellation of a joint tour with Lady Gaga.
- London and NYC are huge except in real life.
- Arctic Monkeys announce that “Cornerstone” will be there next single. I continue to wonder what the video will be like (Here’s what it looks like. Alex can’t act.)
- According to Pete Wentz the emo haircut is dead. According to my polling of NoVA high schools, not so much.
- Keane are re-releasing their first album too. Sadly, no home videos.
- Johnny Marr is certain he’ll record a 2nd album with the Cribs. No one is really surprised, but some start to wonder if the Jarmans would be willing to adopt Johnny, so that it can go back to being a band of brothers.
- Freddie Mercury will receive a Hollywood style star outside the library of the town he lived in. Now everybody go “awww.”
- Pulp announce the release of delux editions of their first three albums the day after I buy the blah version of one of them. Curse my bad timing!
- Liam Gallagher comes out in support of the disappearing honey bees. All I can think of are Daleks.
- David Archuleta – Christmas From the Heart
- Bob Dylan – Christmas in the Heart
- Flaming Lips – Embryonic
- Death Cab For Cuties – Box Set
Well that’s it for this week. Next week’s show will be starting late, so prepare yourself for less insanity by listening to Mika. Or the Kaiser Chiefs or whatever causes you to go crazy. Until then, don’t panic.
*This is from the concert video Stop Making Sense which was my first introduction to the idea of a tiny, tiny man in a really big suit. Enjoy
**In this same recording session, Lily Allen pretended to be a cat. It was great.
***As you can tell, this is not the version by the Wombats. I just like messing with your heads and I like Leona Lewis’ version just as well.
****The bassist for this band was on Never Mind the Buzzcocks last week and talked a lot more than I thought he would. However he didn’t know the lyrics to his own band’s song.
******Turned out I had more time than I thought, so I unofficially played another song. Here’s the link to the “official” video of Mika performing “Billy Brown.”