Apologies for no blog last week. However I won’t be doing a double entry, because that would be ridiculous. So this week’s show was my second to last show for the semester and, because I won’t be here next semester, my second to last show until next fall. Other than cramming three Mika songs into the play list, not that much happened. But I did manage to cram three Mika songs into the play list. Yay me. So here are all the pertinent details:
- Grace Kelly – Mika
- Always Happens Like That – Kaiser Chiefs*
- The Sun Ain’t Shining No More – The Asteroids Galaxy Tour
- You’ve Got the Love – Florence + the Machine
- I Could Say – Lily Allen
- You Haven’t Told Me Anything – Keane
- The Bachelor – Patrick Wolf
- In Another World – Maximo Park
- Rebel Rebel – David Bowie
- The Underdog – Spoon**
- Fire – Kasabian
- Right Where They Left – The White Rabbits
- Cornerstone – Arctic Monkeys
- New Fang – Them Crooked Vultures
- Queen of the World – Ida Maria
- Cheat on Me – The Cribs
- Plastic Jungle – Miike Snow
- I’m Not Your Toy – La Roux
- One Foot Boy – Mika***
- Remedy – Little Boots
- When I Grow Up – Garbage
- North American Scum – LCD Soundsystem
- Ulysses – Franz Ferdinand
- Dimestore Diamond – Gossip
- Four Kicks – Kings of Leon
- Heads Will Roll – Yeah Yeah Yeahs
- Toy Boy – Mika****
- A celebrity chef and a guy who’s sampled human hair on album, are set to make a flute out of pig bones. I won’t be playing that and not just because I don’t play the flute.
- Another week of the NME Top 10, another week of Calvin Harris topping said chart. Anyone who’s been on Never Mind the Buzzcocks is okay in my book, so it’s all good.
- There’s a one out of five chance that Vampire Weekend will be coming to Mary Wash. However, if you’re in NYC there’s a one out of three chance of seeing them. Best be moving to NYC if you like Vampire Weekend.
- NME comes out with a CD of their favourite songs from 2009. Unsurprisingly, no Kaiser Chiefs, Keane or Lily Allen. However lots of artists I haven’t heard of.
- Ever wanted to ask Simon Cowell a question? Well if you’re in the UK you can. My question: Why does everything you touch turn to crap?
- The Cribs announce a North American with Johnny Marr!! I won’t be here, but you should go and see the Cribs. With Johnny Marr!! It’s on a Tuesday, but still, Johnny Marr!
- Paul McCartney turned down an opportunity to work with Ozzy Osbourne. No one was surprised, save Ozzy who had never listened to the kind of music Paul McCartney writes.
- The best albums of the decade according to the NME. Per usual, we don’t see eye to eye.
- Them Crooked Vultures – Them Crooked Vultures
- Norah Jones – The Fall
- Fall Out Boy – Believers Never Die: Greatest Hits
So that’s everything from the second to last show until next fall. Tune in on December 3rd for my greatest hits aka the last show until Fall 2010 (!!!). Until then, listen to great music and don’t panic. And go to the radio station’s 80’s dance party.
*There use to be on YouTube a great video for this song that made Lily Allen look like a cat that had been transformed into a human. However, because the BBC is pooey, it’s been taken down. Sad face
**I’m not entirely sure if this a legit video for this song, but it looks like it could be a legit video, so yeah. Here’s hoping it’s not a crappy fan video.
***I could have tortured all of you. I’m quite capable of it. But since I already kind of know what songs I’m playing for my last show, I decided against it.
****This is just the audio. It’s a fun little song, so you should listen. And no scary pictures of people starring at you (I hate those kind of videos, they always weird me out, no matter how much I like the face starring at me. It’s just weird.)